US Adaptive Open, PGA Tour, LIV Golf

 



Recently, I've been asked a lot what I think of LIV Golf.  Since I'm an Officer of the Philadelphia Section, I'm limited in what I can say, but I will say this.  I think the current ecosystem that is out there including the PGA Tour best supports the PGA of America and it's members and our mission.  That being said, I think what truly captures the spirit of the game we all love is an event that got little coverage last week; The Inaugural United States Adaptive Open.  

The US Adaptive Open showcased the world's best golfers who have a disability.  We watched men and women who have mental disabilities, physical disabilities, blindness, or amputees compete for a USGA National Championship.  I can tell you, these individuals were not on the golf course because they wanted to win any money.  This Championship is what makes our game truly special.  

For those that know me best, one of my passions is individuals with disabilities getting involved with the game of golf.  My brother Brad has Down Syndrome, and him and I have won our share of Special Olympics medals, and it was some of my most favorite golf I have ever played.  I am also involved with the Philadelphia PGA Reach and PGA Hope Foundations while serving on the Board of Directors.  Each year we host clinics for wounded warriors, veterans, persons with disabilities, etc.  It is so very rewarding and it is what the game of golf is all about.  It truly is a game of a lifetime, and it's what makes our game great.  Anyone can play at any age regardless of your ability.  

Comments

Popular Posts